On Dec 5, 2012, at 8:12 PM, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> On 12/04/2012 06:58 PM, Lee Duncan wrote:

>>> You can create multiple initiators. Just create ifaces with different
>>> initiator names. The problem though is that the iSID is not persistent
>>> across logins, so if you were to login/logout using iscsiadm from the
>>> target for any reason then the persistent reservations are going to get
>>> messed up.
>>>

>> Would that be a problem for Persisting a reservation in general, then?
>
> Not sure what you mean exactly. If you are using the reservation for
> just the life of the session then no, but I do not think that is common.
> It seems like you are likely to reboot your box or login/logout of the
> target once in a while.

The idea with Persistent Reservations is that they should persist across target
power outages.

But if the iSID changes with a new connection, then when the target comes back
it might not recognize the reservation holder because there will be a new
connection. All speculation, of course, without looking at the code ...

--
Lee Duncan