Okay still learning. Sorry about the dumb newb questions on this subject.
The only docs I have found so far are the man pages... So let's get down to
brass tacks shall we?

I have 3 CentOS 6.3 64 bit boxes, one running an eSATA RAID array and
acting as an iSCSI target, the other two are iSCSI initiators. The
initiators share a file a GFS2 filesystem, and everything works great,
until either the target, or one of the initiators is rebooted for something
like a kernel patch...

If an initiator gets rebooted, it has to be logged off of the target, the
session rescanned, and then logged back in, THEN it all seems to work well
again. This is true for both initiators, if the target gets rebooted for
the same kernel patch, well BOTH initiators need the procedure done to
bring storage back online...

I can script this no problem, but I was wondering if there was something
else in my configuration I could do to make the ISCSI daemon do this during
startup / shutdown?