On 02/22/2013 10:26 AM, Mike Christie wrote:
I ccd the person looking into it. The last discussion was about what the
design and what support was needed from the lib.

On 02/19/2013 05:57 PM, wdli wrote:
Hi, I am new to open-iscsi. I have been playing with iscsiadm in shell
script but have reached a point that I feel like using C directly to
interface.  I searched the list and understand that this wasn't
available about a year ago. Just wonder if there are any progress being
made. I am willing to use the beta version if it's ready.

We (RH) have been shipping libiscsi for a long time, which is a C library with Python bindings that Anaconda (the RH/Fedora installer) uses. But, it has some design issues that we probably don't want to carry over to a C API in upstream open-iscsi.

Yes, Chris Leech and I have been looking at a fresh start at an iSCSI API. So far we haven't gotten too far, except people seem to think it's a good idea, and some requirements-gathering. Hopefully we can work with other interested people on this list to define what we all need and make it happen in the near future.

Regards -- Andy