Hi Mike:

I have a configuration where discovery is taking a long time because one of
the interfaces is disconnected.

Since it is not possible to reliably detect when an interface is connected,
I thought the best way to speed up discovery in such cases would be for
discovery to take place in parallel.

In looking at the code, it seems like node discovery could be done in
parallel with a little work. In searching the archives, I found a thread
where it looks like you wanted to make discovery in parallel, but that was
a while ago.

Before I start hacking on the code to see what I can do, I wondered if you
have any ideas on the best way to do this, or even if it is a good idea at
all.

With only 2 or 3 interfaces, this is not a big deal, but I could see a case
where a dozen interfaces could mean a very slow discovery process.
--
Lee Duncan