On Mar 16, 2014, at 4:20 AM, Muthu Kumaran <muthu86....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure ISCSI storage in my vm ware, But when tried to login
> to the ISCSI target from the client it throws the following errors.
>
> [root@localhost ~]# iscsiadm --mode discoverydb --type sendtargets --portal
> 192.168.40.130 --discover
> iscsiadm: cannot make connection to 192.168.40.130: No route to host
> iscsiadm: cannot make connection to 192.168.40.130: No route to host
> iscsiadm: cannot make connection to 192.168.40.130: No route to host
> iscsiadm: cannot make connection to 192.168.40.130: No route to host
> iscsiadm: cannot make connection to 192.168.40.130: No route to host
> iscsiadm: cannot make connection to 192.168.40.130: No route to host
> iscsiadm: connection login retries (reopen_max) 5 exceeded
> iscsiadm: Could not perform SendTargets discovery: encountered connection
> failure
> [root@localhost ~]#
>

> #iscsiadm -m node -L all
> Logging in to [iface: default, target: iqn.2014-03.sharedstorage:target1,
> portal: 192.168.40.130,3260] (multiple)
> iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: default, target:
> iqn.2014-03.sharedstorage:target1, portal: 192.168.40.130,3260].
> iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 - connection timed out)
> iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals

Were you at one point able to do discovery? I am not sure how discovery above
failed, but here we see you have found targets?

These errors indicated the initiator cannot even do a tcp ip connection to the
target. This is normally due to a network problem or because the target is not
setup properly to accept connections on those portals from the specific
initiator being used, or ip tables might be preventing us from reaching the
target.