On 10/16/2014 02:30 AM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 10/14/2014 01:50 PM, Moussa Ba wrote:
iscsiadm: iscsi_create_leading_conn discovery ep connect

iscsiadm: in ktransport_ep_connect
iscsiadm: in __kipc_call
iscsiadm: in kwritev
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: ktransport_ep_connect got handle 1
iscsiadm: in ktransport_ep_poll
iscsiadm: in __kipc_call
iscsiadm: in kwritev
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: in ktransport_ep_disconnect
iscsiadm: in __kipc_call
iscsiadm: in kwritev
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: in nlpayload_read
iscsiadm: in ctldev_close
iscsiadm: Connection to discovery portal 192.168.111.100 failed:
encountered connection failure
iscsiadm: discovery session to 192.168.111.100:3261 sleeping for 1
seconds before next login attempt
Or and Sagi, it looks like we are hitting this in the userspace
discovvery connection code:

         do {
                 rc = t->template->ep_poll(conn, 1);
                 if (rc < 0) {
                         rc = ISCSI_ERR_TRANS;
                         goto disconnect;

So I think iscsi_iser_ep_poll either returned -1 or -ERESTARTSYS. It was
probably not -ERESTARTSYS and the
wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout call probably timed out. Did
we hit

                 mutex_lock(&ib_conn->state_mutex);
                 if (ib_conn->state == ISER_CONN_TERMINATING ||
                     ib_conn->state == ISER_CONN_DOWN)
                         rc = -1;
                 mutex_unlock(&ib_conn->state_mutex);

then? What would be the reason for that? Target not setup to take iser
ib connections?

Mike, It's hard for me to tell now... also the team has a holiday, but it would worth if Moussa would set debug_level=2 for the ib_iser kernel module and send the resulted dmesg when he runs the discovery attempt. Ariel/Sagi - note it is 3.16

Or.