On 09/27/2016 03:50 AM, The Lee-Man wrote:
> Christoph Hellwig suggested we do away with the open-iscsi google group
> (this group) and use linux-scsi.
>
> Any thoughts on this? (removed others on the cc list).

Well, there still _is_ a reason to have a list for discussing open-iscsi
userland.
We have a similar situation on dm-devel, which is used to discuss both
the kernel side (ie drivers/md/dm-*) and the userspace tooling.
But I'm not really in favour of that; it's occasionally confusing if a
particular post relies to the kernel or userland.
So I'm more in favour to use linux-scsi for the kernel-related stuff and
keep another group (like this one) for userland tools.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                Teamlead Storage & Networking
h...@suse.de                                   +49 911 74053 688