On 15/02, Peter Wang wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am investing new ways to discover LUN exposed by iSCSI targets.
>
> Currently, most of tools/libs are using user land shell commands "iscsiadm"
> to login targets or rescan new LUNs.
> sometimes, as I observed, the rescan is time-consuming. in high-concurrency
> environment, the overhead by executing massive shell commands cannot be
> ignored.
>
> So, my question is: can we use socket or other efficient ways to trigger
> actions that we do with "iscsiadm"?
>
> Appreciate if you can help on this.
>
> Thanks
> Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm no expert, but if you are already logged in and your target supports
AEN/AER packets, then iscsid will automatically send a scan request to
discover changed LUNs, and if it doesn't support it you could use the
sysfs interface from your code and request a scan writing "c t l" (where
c=channel t=target l=lun and wildcard - can be used) to
/sys/class/scsi_host/host#/scan.

I know this is not what you were looking for, but maybe it can alleviate
your issues until someone with more knowledge gives you the silver
bullet you wanted.

Cheers,
Gorka.