On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 9:15:50 AM UTC-7, Christian Seiler wrote:

> On 04/26/2017 01:03 PM, Gris Ge wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't think creating yet another own IPC interface is a good
> >> idea, there are already way too many IPC protocols in the Linux
> >> plubming space. I believe that DBus would be the obvious choice
> >> here. This has several advantages:
> > Given my bad grudges of dbus, I am afraid I could not able to provide
> > demo/POC of dbus interface/service of open-iscsi.
>
> Well, if it's under serious consideration, I'd be willing to put
> my money^Wtime where my mouth is and write some code for this.
> But only if there's a decent chance that this will not be for
> nothing. If either Lee or Chris say "we'll never merge DBus
> support" I'm not really that interested in working on that, for
> obvious reasons. ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Christian

Christian:

I am seriously interested in both adding an API like this (if done right)
and in adding more/better locking so that iscsid could support more
parallelism.

But I know almost nothing about DBus. Why would anyone say no to dbus? I
know that at SUSE we require a security analysis before we allow a new
daemon that uses DBus, but I assume that just meant it had lots of power
(which could be used for evil but usually isn't). Can you explain the DBus
trade-off to me?

--
Lee