>>> "Jason A. Donenfeld" <ja...@zx2c4.com> schrieb am 17.06.2017 um 02:41 in
Nachricht
<cahmme9ru_h6jq7arjdq1ybyryf1p7nyc4y8tqkzg585u39m...@mail.gmail.com>:
> Hi Lee,
>
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 11:58 PM, Lee Duncan <ldun...@suse.com> wrote:
>> It seems like what you are doing is basically "good", i.e. if there is
>> not enough random data, don't use it. But what happens in that case? The
>> authentication fails? How does the user know to wait and try again?
>
> The process just remains in interruptible (kill-able) sleep until
> there is enough entropy, so the process doesn't need to do anything.
> If the waiting is interrupted by a signal, it returns -ESYSRESTART,
> which follows the usual semantics of restartable syscalls.

There once was a joke like this: "If you are waiting for your computer, hit the
control key multiple times. Then the computer will notice that you are
impatient and it will process faster..."

Actually these days I start to move the mouse impatiently when any application
seems to hang (e.g. during boot), and frquently it actually helps, because the
application needed random input ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich