On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 6:39:49 PM UTC-8, Martin K. Petersen
wrote:

> > If, for any reason, userland shuts down iscsi transport interfaces
> > before proper logouts - like when logging in to LUNs manually, without
> > logging out on server shutdown, or when automated scripts can't
> > umount/logout from logged LUNs - kernel will hang forever on its
> > sd_sync_cache() logic, after issuing the SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE cmd to all
> > still existent paths.
>
> Chris and Lee: Please review. Thanks!

Rafael:

Did you test this change, i.e. shutdowns no longer hang, under test
circumstances, with this change?

[side note: we *really* need an open-iscsi test suite! Anybody?]

As long as the upper levels handle this correctly, I'm good with it.