> I just tested on Tumbleweek, using a 4.15 kernel. I tried various
> combinations of running multipathd and iscsid and logging into and out of a
> target. I never got a kernel spin.
>
> My setup is from a VmWare virtual machine, talking to an iSCSI LIO target
> on my laptop (running Leap 42.2). I have only one target, and no multipath
> configured.

Thanks for looking into it. Since writing here I was able to reproduce it
on Fedora and bisected it to exact commit, wrote to LKML
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/2/18/89 and it seems that there is a fix in 4.15
which wasn't backported to 4.14 stable branch. I'll verify that fix is
working when applied to 4.14 and reply back, asking for it to be backported
if it helps.