Hey,

Cc mchri...@redhat.com, or I will not see these messages until I check
the list maybe once a week.

On 09/05/2018 10:36 PM, 3kboy2...@gmail.com wrote:
>         What lio fabric driver are you using? iSCSI? What kernel version
>         and
>         what version of tcmu-runner?
>
>     io fabric driver :            iscsi
>
>     iscsid version:              2.0-873
>
>     OS version:                  CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)
>
>     kernel version:              3.10.0-862.el7.x86_64
>
>     tcmu-runner version:    1.4.0-rc1
>

>     Target Build:
>
>     targetcli /iscsi create iqn.2018-09.com.test:target1
>
>     targetcli  /backstores/user:rbd create name=my_replicated_test
>     size=1000G cfgstring=rbd_pool/replicated_image1 hw_max_sectors=8192

That kernel has a default data area (kernel buffer used to pass scsi
command data) of 8MB, so with a command size of 8192 sectors you could
only 2 commands at once.

When you create the backstore pass it a new max_data_area_mb value like
this (make sure you have the newest rtslib-fb, configshell-fb and
targetcli-fb from the upstream github repos):

targetcli  /backstores/user:rbd create name=my_replicated_test
size=1000G cfgstring=rbd_pool/replicated_image1 hw_max_sectors=8192
control=max_data_area_mb=32

This would increase the buffer to 32 MB.

Or for an existing setup add the control line in the saveconfig.json
between the config and hw_max_sectors line like this:

      "config": "rbd/rbd_pool/replicated_image"
      "control": "max_data_area_mb=32",
      "hw_max_sectors": 8192,

Note that this will prealloocate 32 MBs of memory for the device.