Patrick,

Working for IBM I'm a bit wary of the disclaimer at the bottom of the e-mail. In order to avoid encroaching IBM's standards on the community (we use Notes and its pretty ugly) I just use my private e-mail account. Is that an option for the BEA folks ? Since this activity is not really Corporate sponsored or controlled a personal account makes a lot of sense.

Matt

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

Patrick Linskey wrote:
_
Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its
subsidiaries and
affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended
solely for the
use of the individual or entity named in this message. If
you are not
the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.
Can you fix your mailer to get rid of this?
Sadly, not really. BEA slaps that text on the end of all outgoing
messages, and the way that I'm using email these days, sending OpenJPA
mail to my personal account would mean that I'd not see the mail in the
rest of my workflow.

I'm trying to find out why BEA deems it so important to a) add that
notice, and thereby b) circumvent digital signatures. But my guess is
that the decision comes from some corner of bureacracy that is probably
immune to reason.

In order to avoid foisting crap like this (and other things that Outlook
does to email) on the ocmmunity,  I do all my personal and open source
mail using Thunderbird rather than Outlook, the Intel corporate client.  :)

geir