On 7/11/06, Patrick Linskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1)  Have we decided how to resolve the Java EE 5 dependency?
> I didn't see where we had set up a maven dependency for these
> interfaces.  For now, I can just use my own copy, but we
> should decide the formal solution.

I don't follow -- what's the problem? To my knowledge, we don't have any
Java EE 5 dependencies, except for the openjpa-persistence module's
dependency on the JPA interfaces. We depend on javax.transaction,
javax.resource, and javax.jms.

> 2)  Even with the Java EE 5 dependency resolved, I am still
> experiencing about 100+ errors in the openjpa-kernel project.
>  Many errors with "JJxxxx cannot be resolved".  Does this
> build for everybody else?

Hmm. That's odd. Works for me. I remember that Marc told me to be sure
to have Maven 2.0.4 installed at one point; what do you get from 'mvn
-v'?

The build worked fine from the command line for me, I ran into errors
building in Eclipse though.

In order to get it to work in Eclipse you can get a JavaCC plugin (I found
one at http://eclipse-javacc.sourceforge.net/, but there might be others).
Using the plugin gets rid of most of the errors, leaving 2 build errors due
to duplicate classes ( ). I haven't used the plugin before, so I'd guess I
can fix the errors by tweaking the configuration. I'm not too worried about
it since the Maven build works fine.

Alternatively you could just run a maven build and add the generated classes
to your Eclipse project (ugh). It's not ideal but at least it gets rid of
the errors in Eclipse.

Hope this helps,

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.

-Michael Dick
   It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
   It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
   The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning,
   It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.