Personally, I'd prefer to go this route than to use the Geronimo versions, especially for the JPA jars, which have non-trivial behavior in them.

We actually are using the same JPA jars that Glassfish is using (from a third repository I hadn't mentioned, at https://maven- repository.dev.java.net/repository/javax.persistence/jars/ ). It's the other jars (JTA, JCA, JMS) that, to my knowledge, do not have any other public Maven-friendly distribution available. My understanding is that Glassfish is currently storing their copies of the jars in CVS.