Hi,
Just browsing the code and I found the following snippet of code in the
runAuxiliaryEnhancers() method of PCEnhancer...

       if (!_jdo)
           return;

       if (_auxEnhance == null) {
           try {
               // make sure JDO libs are available before creating a JDO
               // enhancer
               Class c = Class.forName("javax.jdo.spi.PersistenceCapable");
               c = Class.forName("org.apache.openjpa.jdo.JDOEnhancer",
true,
                   AuxiliaryEnhancer.class.getClassLoader());
               _auxEnhance = (AuxiliaryEnhancer) c.newInstance();
           }

From the conditional tests, I'm assuming that we would not ever be running
this code.  But, did we want to remove the references to the JDO support?
Or, have you changed your mind and decided to include that as part of the
drop as well?  :-)

Kevin