By the way, I did not receive my [VOTE] message, so the open-jpa-ppmc at incubator.apache.org doesn't seem to be set up correctly.

On Aug 3, 2006, at 4:00 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

So the difference in this case is that Kevin's actually on the initial
commit list.

I agree that Kevin should be a committer, and thought that this would be an opportunity to shake out the process bugs. Apparently, it was successful in doing just that.

I think that the theory was that we're actually setting a new
initial-commit-on-demand precedent here. Geir: do you recall?

I think the precedent was in denying committer access to Kevin in the first place. :-\

Craig

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:13 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Marc, now a JIRA openjpa-developer

New committers are voted on by the community and then granted
access.
I don't know that this is a normal time for an incubating
project, but I think it would be good to practice on this
one. (Sorry you have to be the guinea pig for this, Kevin,
but the project needs to have a first time for everything...)

I'll conduct a vote of the OpenJPA PPMC (Podling Project Management
Committee) and everyone should vote.

Craig