On Aug 15, 2006, at 6:37 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

Note that that will not merge anything you need in the META-INF
directory. It does do it for plexus components.xml files though, so
maybe it's a good time to make that pluggable.

It'll definitely add the files from all the META-INF
directories into
the resulting jar.  I guess you are talking specifically about some
pluggable strategy to merge two files of the same name such as two
META-INF/persistence.xml files or two META-INF/ejb-jar.xml files?

Actually, I was thinking about META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and
META-INF/services/*. But yes, merging of resources.

Everything in META-INF/services/* will be copied into the new jar and you can redefine MANIFEST entries for the new jar using the same syntax as for the maven-jar-plugin. But it won't intelligently concatenate the contents of individual matching files from the source jars as I assume Brett was referring to with the plexus components.xml.

-David