Bryan-

Those points all sound good to me.

On Aug 22, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Bryan Noll wrote:

Thanks Craig for the link...

So... having caught up on that thread, seems like the following are the key points:

  1. People seem to like the easiness of wiki editing for the main
     site. (If wiki content is specific to a particular release, it
     would just be identified as such, much like this:
     http://geronimo.apache.org/documentation.html)
  2. It is a good thing to keep the official documentation for a
     release with that release.  This documentation should be changing
     less often than the stuff on the wiki, therefore the 'developery'
     approach of having to to subversion check ins to the manual.xml
     file is acceptable.  Another example of the kind of content on
     this site would be the javadoc, as that is specific to each
     release, so http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-11 would
     have to be re-worked.
  3. It would be good if one could navigate to the full set of release
     specific documentation from 'The Site'.  Rationale for this
     provided by Craig here: *http://tinyurl.com/zbwz4*
  4. Note: I'm throwing this one in - It would be good if their was
     some continuity in terms of look and feel when navigating to the
     maven generated (via 'maven site') release specific stuff from
     'The Site'.  I assume the same skin can be applied to both 'The
     Site' (current generated with ant via Anakia) and the
     version-specific Maven generated sites.

Does this sound agreeable? Anyone like to add anything to it... or have any major issues with it?

Thanks...

Bryan

Craig L Russell wrote:
Hi Bryan,

The thread named "staging of site changes" dated 25-July is the thread to which I referred. It has some expressed points of view but no conclusion.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-open-jpa-dev/ 200607.mbox/thread

Craig