You can then merge back from the sandbox (I'm not really able to give you details here...)

If this doesn't work for you, I'll be happy to give it a try. Let me know.

Craig

On Aug 30, 2006, at 10:01 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

+1.

Now, to find the right person....

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Sutter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:50 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Creating sandbox branches

Still looking for some response to this request...  Looking at other
incubator projects, some are using "sandbox", some are using
"branches",
others don't seem to have an alternate folder for misc development
branches.  I would create the folders if I had the proper
authority.  Who
does have the authority?  And, when we find that person, what
should we have
them create?

We already have "site" and "trunk". I think to be consistent with svn
practices, we should have a "branches" and "tags" folder at a
minimum.  If
we want to keep "branches" pristine for real versions of
OpenJPA, then we
should also create a "sandbox" folder to house any sandbox development
branches.

Thanks,
Kevin