By "not working" I meant that irregardless of what value for recursionDepth
was specified ( we tried 0, 1, 2  ) only one level was retrieved.  However
we did not try changing the MaxFetchDepth property.

On 9/7/06, Abe White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But that does not seem to work.  Is this a code bug or is a
> document error?
>
> Or an error in my understanding of FetchGroup depth ?

Both a documentation error and a misunderstanding.  I'll try to
update the docs later today.  In the meantime, I don't know what you
mean when you say it "does not seem to work", but one important note
is that the MaxFetchDepth is 1 by default, so if you want to fetch
deep relations, you'll need to increase that -- either on the
FetchPlan or using the openjpa.MaxFetchDepth configuration property.
by email and then delete it.