On Oct 3, 2006, at 9:54 AM, Abe White wrote:

I'm trying to set up a really simple example inside geronimo with container managed transactions/persistence contexts. When I create and persist an object the TableJDBCSeq is trying to commit the connection before closing it: since it's in a JTA tx of course this fails.

http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/openjpa/site/openjpa-project/ manual/ ref_guide_dbsetup_thirdparty.html#ref_guide_dbsetup_thirdparty_enlist

See above docs on managed and XA datasources. And right now we unfortunately don't have a way to set the seq type (transactional, etc) through JPA. If you'd like to take the initiative to make a JIRA report on it, that'd be great. I'll comment on the report you create with the steps necessary to expose this functionality to the JPA layer.

Following the advice there (and elsewhere) I managed to get my example working!!! The main step appears to be including a non-jta datasource.

I'm still unable to figure out how to get the tables auto-created. Putting properties in persistence.xml or feeding them to persistenceProvider.createContainerEntityManagerFactory doesn't seem to have any discernable effect. Any advice on how to figure out what is going on?

Is there an m2 plugin for running the tools for e.g. creating tables, db scripts, etc?

With regard to your JIRA suggestion, are you saying there is no way using these properties to choose between e.g. TableJDBCSeq and ClassTableJDBCSeq or the oracle sequence sequence? I'm happy to file lots of jiras but I'd prefer to be a little more sure of what the problem is :-)

Also, it appears that the documentation generally says property names are e.g. openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PropertyName whereas there is some indication in the code that they are the more correct org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.PropertyName. Which is right? If they are actually as per the docs shouldn't they be changed pronto?

thanks!
david jencks

______________________________________________________________________ _ Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.