On Oct 25, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Abe White wrote:

You're definitely missing the JDBC bits of OpenJPA, or at least the JDBCProductDerivation isn't being found. If you get the latest version, you can invoke the org.apache.openjpa.conf.ProductDerivations class's main method to print details about derivation loading to System.out. You might also want to modify that class to have a static API to return the same errors that you can call within a container.

I investigated a bit further and found that if I change PersistenceProviderImpl.ClassTransformerImpl to use a JDBCConfigurationImpl instead of OpenJPAConfigurationImpl then the problem goes away. I'm reasonably certain that there is no need to use a JDBCConfigurationImpl here in the class transformer, the enhancing shouldn't need to know what the persistence mechanism is. Is it possible that the OpenJPAConfigurationImpl can ignore the properties it doesn't understand rather than objecting to them?

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-73 to track this problem, that has a little more detail. Given some hints I can work towards a solution but I'm not sure where the best place to start is.

I'd really like to get this fixed ASAP in openjpa, we are hoping to include a jpa/openjpa preview in the next geronimo release, and this is the only significant problem I've encountered so far. I've successfully converted the Daytrader performance test app to container managed jpa and it seems to work fine with openjpa. Next step there is to get some performance numbers :-)

Many thanks,
david jencks

______________________________________________________________________ _ Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.