Hi Patrick,

I just ran svn update and mvn clean package and I didn't get the error and I
didn't put any WebSphere jars on the classpath (ran it at home to make
sure). Are you using the newer version of Serp by any chance?  I tried the
-X and -e flags with maven and I didn't see the same problem, I'm not sure
what else I could be doing different.

As far as I know the WebSphere interfaces aren't published (as class files)
anywhere so we can't compile against them. To get around the problem I used
Serp to add the interface to the class. At the time I didn't see any errors
from Serp, but if that's no longer the case we'll have to come up with
something else.

One alternative is to create a stub class similar to what we do for
sun.misc.Perf in openjpa-lib, assuming that doesn't violate a license
agreement.