I don't feel super strongly... but I tend to lean towards less is more. If all you need for the time being is the Id concept, do that. Throw in a quick documentation note about what exactly that property is... and then if people need to use just the p-name part of it, they can run with handy ole java.lang.String. If there's demand for it (via the mailing list or whatever)... then it can be added....

+1
by email and then delete it.