This is the source for IdentifiablePersistentEntity:

package framework.persistence;

import java.util.Collection;

import javax.jdo.PersistenceManager;
import javax.jdo.Query;

import framework.id.Id;

/**
 * Base class for all persistent objects that have an identifier.
 */
public abstract class IdentifiablePersistentEntity extends PersistentEntity
{

  private long iId;

  /*
   * Persistence methods
   */
  public Id makePersistent() {
    PersistenceManager pm = JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    pm.makePersistent(this);
    return getId();
  }

  public Id getId() {
    return new Id(getIdClass(), iId);
  }

  /**
   * Should return the class used for the ID object.
   *
   * @return The current class or any of its domain object ancestors
   */
  protected abstract Class getIdClass();

  public static IdentifiablePersistentEntity findById(Id id) {
    PersistenceManager pm = JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    Query q = pm.newQuery(id.getObjectType(), "iId == :id");
    Collection<IdentifiablePersistentEntity> rSet =
(Collection<IdentifiablePersistentEntity>) q.execute(id.getValue());
    if (rSet.size() > 1)
      throw new RuntimeException("Ambigous query: " + id.getValue() + "::" +
rSet.size());
    else if (rSet.isEmpty())
      return null;
    else
      return rSet.iterator().next();
  }

  public String toString() {
    return (isPersistent() ? getId().toString() : "<non-persistent>");
  }

}

and this is the source for persistententity:

package framework.persistence;

import java.util.Calendar;
import java.util.Date;

import javax.jdo.JDOHelper;
import javax.jdo.PersistenceManager;

import kodo.jdo.KodoPersistenceManager;

/**
 * Base class of all first class persistent objects.
 */
public abstract class PersistentEntity {

  /*
   * Persistence methods
   */
  public Object makePersistent() {
    PersistenceManager pm = JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    pm.makePersistent(this);
    return pm.getObjectId(this);
  }

  public Object getJdoId() {
    PersistenceManager pm = JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    return pm.getObjectId(this);
  }

  public boolean isPersistent() {
    return JDOHelper.isPersistent(this);
  }

  public static PersistentEntity findByJdoId(Object id) {
    PersistenceManager pm = JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    return (PersistentEntity) pm.getObjectById(id, false);
  }

  public static PersistentEntity findByJdoIdString(String idString) {
    return null;
  }

  public void deletePersistent() {
    PersistenceManager pm = JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    pm.deletePersistent(this);
  }

  public PersistentEntity detach() {
    KodoPersistenceManager pm = (KodoPersistenceManager)
JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    return (PersistentEntity) pm.detachCopy(this);
  }

  public PersistentEntity attach() {
    KodoPersistenceManager pm = (KodoPersistenceManager)
JdoPmFactorySingleton.instance().getPm();
    return (PersistentEntity) pm.attachCopy(this,true);
  }

  public String toString() {
    return (isPersistent() ? getJdoId().toString() : "<non-persistent>");
  }

  public static Date setTimeComponents(Date date, int hour, int minute, int
second, int milliSecond) {
    Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
    cal.setTime(date);
    cal.set(Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY, hour);
    cal.set(Calendar.MINUTE, minute);
    cal.set(Calendar.SECOND, second);
    cal.set(Calendar.MILLISECOND, milliSecond);
    return cal.getTime();
  }
}

and we are using maven for running the test cases and the we are developing
services on Servicemix.