If you use hsqldb or H2 you can create an in-memory which will always be empty. This makes testing very easy and fast.

-dain

On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Shay Banon wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to configure OpenJPA to perform drop and then
create the db schema. I got as far as:

<property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="buildSchema" />

Which causes the schema to be created, but does not drop it when the EMF
closes (or when a new EMF starts).

The main reason I want it for is for simple tests, where each tests works
against a fresh copy of the database.

I tried doing things like: buildSchema(SchemaTool=drop) and things in that nature, but have not managed to find the correct configuration (don't have
much time to dive into the OpenJPA code, sorry for that).

Cheers,
Shay