On Feb 13, 2007, at 10:06 AM, Hans J. Prueller wrote:

Can you tell us your current J2EE vendor, and if possible the generation strategy selected in the vendor deployment descriptor. If not, can you grab the last 20 pks from one of the tables, we may be able to guess the
strategy

One of the reasons why we are migrating is that the current vendors
generation strategy is crap - we regularly get "duplicate PK" SQL exceptions
on our production servers and the vendor developers don't understand
that their PK generation algorithm is not "production ready" or stable yet.

I don't want to make a product down so I don't name it here but the fact is
that we permanently are having stability problems with the CMP engine.

If it is JBoss, feel free to diss it as I am the one that wrote that CMP engine :)

-dain