Hans-

I don't see how the error could be data-related.

One thing: if you are using the same EMF from multiple threads, do you have the "openjpa.Multithreaded" property explicitly set to "true" in your persistence.xml (or however you are configuring the EMF)? Failure to do this means that access to the broker is unsynchronized, and I can see how it might lead to a problem like this.

On Mar 23, 2007, at 11:46 AM, Hans J. Prueller wrote:

hm.. sounds strange. could it bet he case that the error message openjpa is
printing is only a subsequent error of another one below/before?

as the JNDI binding did not really work (as you can remember: everytime I am accessing the EMF from JNDI it is initialized again and again) so I did a quick-and-dirty solution for the PoC of OpenJPA integration: I saved the EMF as a static field instead to JNDI, i.e. the first time it is accessed it is created - then every client throughout my app should access the same static EMF instance. As there is definitely only a single JVM this shouldn't make
problems I suggest...

Additionally I did not see any data in the logs that is indicating that a second EMF is initialized or sth. like that. The strange thing is that it worked several invocations before and after .. could it be a data- related
problem? Anyway, I was not able to reproduce the error....

Hans

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Marc Prud'hommeaux [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von
Marc Prud'hommeaux
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. März 2007 17:59
An: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Forgot subject: Strange Could not locate metadata for the
classError?

Hans-

There are only two possible conditions in which I can see this
problem happening:

1. the class "com.lbslogics.ims.model.PositionLog" is not loadable in
the current environment's classloader.
2. the PositionLog class was registered with the MetaDataRepository
during the lookup process.

Since the same code has been executed hundreds of times via the MDB
prior to this error, neither of these seems very plausible. Are you
sure that the exact same EntityManagerFactory (in the same JVM) has
been used prior to this error to execute the same method? The fact
that it looks like we are parsing the query for the first time (since
it appears we are making a new internal parse compilation from it)
makes it look like that particular method has not yet been called for
that EntityManager's EntityManagerFactory.

If this is something you can reproduce, it would be interesting if we
could see more logging output (enabled by setting the "kodo.Log"
property to "DefaultLevel=TRACE"), especially those messages that are
on the MetaData channel.