getting this error:

The id type "class com.sun.portal.pom.FooId" specfied by persistent type "class
com.sun.portal.pom.Foo" does not have a public string or class + string
constructor.

this error doesn't seem to correspond to any of the requirements of an ID class
as defined in the spec.

my first guess is that it wants me to add an constructor that takes the result
of toString() and constructs the ID class based on that, but adding a
constructor that takes a string arg didn't change the error. i don't understand
what it would want for the "class + string" constructor, so i was not sure what
to try there.

can someone help interpret this error?
thanks!

Never miss an email again!