Generally in favor of including this performance patch with the release. Just a few questions:

1. How good is the patch? Has it been put through whatever extensive Unit Tests tests anyone has?

2. How easy is it to respin the release? I'd hope that this is a matter of a few hours but I'm not the one doing the work ;-)

Procedurally there is no issue since Mike hasn't yet called for a vote.

I'd be happy if the patch were included in the release candidate because it's the release candidate that the community should be testing. And if this patch has any issues, we'll hear about it.

Craig