Man, I'm dumb.

This code is the EntityManager wrapper for the Container managed EMs (which I wrote so long ago don't remember it). So how is this supposed to work in our container managed EM? The method looks like this:

    public Query createNamedQuery(String name) {
        EntityManager entityManager = getEntityManager();
        try {
            return entityManager.createNamedQuery(name);
        } finally {
            closeIfNoTx(entityManager);
        }
    }

So if there is no tx are we supposed to leave the EntityManager open? I'm confused because it seems like I'm supposed to close the em, but if I do the I can't set parameters on the query.

-dain