On 4/25/07, Patrick Linskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If "everyone" has extra functionality why is it so hard to
> come to a common set of features? There's no intrinsic value
> in one app server giving access via Proprietary Interface 1
> and another app server giving the same access via Proprietary
> Interface 2.

I think that the issue at the time was that some people were unwilling
to expose begin / commit / rollback / suspend / resume APIs, but sadly
nobody (on either side of the debate) realized that a compromise
executeRunnableInNewTransaction(Runnable) would be acceptible all
around.

I think that's an accurate summary.

Kevin

-Patrick