(Moving a conversation about svn version data in the release to
open-jpa-dev)

To elaborate further, right now, I think that we use command-line
extraction of this data via some rather ugly mvn.

We certainly should be able to get the branch data (or at least the full
URL to the root directory). The full URL probably doesn't belong in the
version string, but probably does belong in the output of 'java
org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAVersion'.

I imagine that we could get better / more concise data if we used
JavaSVN or did some scripting or something.

Ideally, I'd love it if after graduation, our version IDs looked like
this:

Leading up to the hypothetical 1.3.2 release:

- If from a branch, openjpa-1.3.2-SNAPSHOT-<branch>-<svn#>

- If from trunk, openjpa-1.3.2-SNAPSHOT-<svn#>

- If from a release branch, openjpa-1.3.2

java org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAVersion would always include the
full URL to the base directory, and the corresponding svn number.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.