Do we miss the getAll(List keys) method for data cache?

When fetching objects with eager "to-many" relationships, the code is
calling get(Object key) multiple time (one for each object in the
relationship).  For example, it is doing 1 get() call for each order placed
by a customer which we are fetching, that means 100 calls for a customer
with 100 orders.  The performance can be greatly improved if we have
getAll(List keys) methods which returns all orders in one call.  This is
especially important in a distributed environment.

Is there a way (new plug-in) to avoid the multiple-trip for single
relationship, or can we implement the code to improve the performance in
this area?

Many thanks.
Daniel