On 31 August 2016 at 21:59, Russell Nelson <russnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I speculate (from observing the workings of plus.codes) that the point is
> the plus sign. When an address parser sees it, BING, it knows that it should
> look on both sides for [0-9A-Za-z] to create a plus code. And if not, then
> it never interprets it as a plus code, even if the string has no spaces and
> consists of only [0-9A-Za-z].

"Chicago" consists only of [0-9A-Za-z], but I expect you wouldn't want
that to be interpreted as an Open Location Code.

And even if you stick to the alphabet used in the OLC (without AEIOU,
among others), "Cwm" is a village in Wales, for example.

How should Google's address parser identify a location as an OLC
without the plus, without too many false positives?

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.new...@gmail.com>