Adjacency is a good question - I don't have an answer for you.

Codes don't overlap - but one code may be contained within another. The way
to check is that the containing code will be a prefix of the contained
code, because (for example) the area of 8FVC contains all codes that start
with 8FVC.

For a long time I've been thinking about a geometry library that does:

   - For a polygon of lat/lngs, compute the codes that fill that polygon.
   The codes should be normalised (i.e. it might return some 6 digit codes
   with some 8 and 10 digit codes to fill the corners)
      - This will make "is this code inside the polygon" easy
   - For one code, return the 8 adjacent codes
      - This will make "are these two codes adjacent"

Are there any other functions that would be useful?

Doug Rinckes, Technical Program Manager, Google Switzerland GmbH; 9GHJ+P88 Z
ürich <https://www.google.com/maps/search/9GHJ%2BP88%20Zürich>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-location-code/CAGFr2LJho9%3Dw_1JZ4H%3Dm0SuY9g8py%2B%2BJFrUkJD--Uz5bAc-19w%40mail.gmail.com.