Hi Alex,

I believe this is not a problem with plus codes specifically, but with how
Google Maps locates spatially extended features (like cities or regions) in
general. If you enter the latitude/longitude coordinates of your first
screenshot into the plus.codes map, you will find that these coordinates
translate to the exact plus code you see. Quick link
here: https://plus.codes/30.1895142,%20-92.0273190

So, the underlying problem here is that Google Maps thinks that putting a
pin at (30.1895142, -92.0273190) is a good way of describing the feature
"Lafayette Parish". It probably is, because if I want to get directions to
a vague location like CITYNAME without exact street address, I'm probably
satisfied when seeing a route that ends somewhere close to the city center.
This is something these coordinates do. You'd need to get the coordinates
changed to also change the displayed plus code. No idea if this is
something that can be done via the DMO program you mention.

--
Public site: http://www.openlocationcode.com/
Github project: https://github.com/google/open-location-code