Hi Rocio,

I am sorry for a late reply, but most of the OpenSCAP team is not present right
now.

Your issue seems to me like a regular bug, but I don't use Oracle,
so I am afraid I can't help so much.

AFAIK the code path leading to the message you described should be run
on every evaluation of any benchmark.

Since OpenSCAP 1.2.9 the verbose mode can bring some light, eg.
# oscap xccdf eval --verbose INFO your_bechmark.xml
Problems with installation should be fixed by reinstalling the packages, but I
expect
you already tried that.
If this doesn't help, we will need to run oscap in debugger and try what's
going on there.

Which version of OpenSCAP do you use? Is it from official Oracle repo?
It would be nice if you provide a reproducer scenario.

Regards

Jan Černý
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.