On Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:20 PM, Luther Goh Lu Feng <elf...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

 Thanks for the suggestion! I will most certainly attempt to install  OpenSCAP
1.2.9 from testing.

I am still very much a noob figuring out my way around the various security
concepts such as OVAL, XCCDF. So pardon me if I indicate any wrong assumptions
as I have not fully yet read the manual.

In my debugging, I have ran $ oscap oval eval --results debian-2014.xml
--report debian-2014.html oval-definitions-2014.xml, and managed to get a
proper report. The oval definitions are from debian[1].

So questions:

- Does this successful run mean that OpenSCAP 1.0.9 supports OVAL 5.11 without
issues?
- Is OpenSCAP cli on par functionality wise with SCAP workbench?

[1] https://www.debian.org/security/oval/