On 2/28/18 9:24 AM, Geoffry Roberts wrote:
> All,
>
> I tried my first remote. scan and don't understand the result.
>
> I ran the following, which is almost a cut and past from the manual:
>
> oscap-ssh root@<host> xccdf eval --profile MAC-3_Sensitive --report
> report.html
> /U_Canonical_Ubuntu_V1R1_STIG/U_Canonical_Ubuntu_V1R1_Manual_STIG/U_Canonical_Ubuntu_STIG_V1R1_Manual-xccdf.xml
>
> This is the result:
> This script only supports '-h', '--help', '--v', '--version', 'info',
> 'xccdf eval', 'oval eval' and 'oval collect'.
>
> What does it mean? I am using the supported xccdd eval.  The xccdd
> file comes from DISA.

Looking at DISA's filename, it appears the content is their *manual*
XCCDF file. Meaning no OVAL checks.

Before troubleshooting to much, you may want to confirm this file
contains OVAL checks. Quick way is to attempt a local run on the
endpoint using the same arguments (oscap xccdf eval --profile foo
/path/to/file.xml). If you're familiar w/SCAP XML you could peek into
their file(s) as well.