Hi All,

I’m new to OpenSCAP and Unix world, but I’m very interested in trying out the
Open SCAP solution…

I have a RHEL 7 machine for testing this out… From documentation, I see the
first step is to get the oscap scanner available in my machine. In order to get
that, I need to run “yum install openscap-scanner”

My question here is, though I understand that the scanner comes a rpm bundle
here, is there a way I can just get the binaries directly rather than using
“yum”… so that I can place the oscap binaries in a folder and run the commands
by using the files in this folder.

Is this possible? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,