On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 12:11:32 -0500
Shawn Wells <sh...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 2/4/19 6:08 PM, Steve Grubb wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 11:06:00 -0500
> > Shawn Wells<sh...@redhat.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> When can OpenSCAP probes be expected for OpenShift?
>
> > Are you talking about new OVAL tests?
>
> Probes so that OVAL tests could be created. Akin to the systemd
> probes.

OK. I think we are mismatching terminology here. OVAL defines tests
and states. OpnSCAP, an implementation, chooses to convert the
required test into a probe. This is an implementation detail.

So, the first thing is, do we need a new OVAL test? If so, why does no
other test currently work? What is the file format? You will need to
state this to someone that is on the OVAL editorial board. They will
need to propose the changes to the language and get it reviewed
and approved. This could take a little time.

-Steve