Could you pls go through the reqt and send me any matching resource with rate
and contact info to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Location is in downtown Chicago, candidates will need to be living in the
Chicago area for the duration of the project. Local candidates HIGHLY preferred!

Oracle/SQL Server DBA
Chicago,  IL
3 +Months

 Required Skills:
- 3+ years experience as SQL Server and Oracle DBA.
- 2+ years of Microsoft analysis services and Microsoft reporting services.
- 2+ years Oracle DBA, SQL Server DBA, Unix shell scripting (AIX and HP), Intel
Experience, Oracle Backup and Recovery using RMAN, Oracle Performance and
Tuning

Job Descreption and Responsibilities:
Oracle/SQL Server DBA. This isn't for a specific project. It is production
support work for existing databases and applications. So we need someone who
has experience doing base support, as opposed to project work. Day to day phone
calls and email requests, enhancements and table changes, production to test
refreshes, things that are broken and need to be fixed, enhancing existing UNIX
monitoring scripts, etc.
. SQL Server DBA skills - installing SQL server, backup and recovery,
performance and tuning.
. Oracle DBA skills - Oracle 9 required, 10g nice to have.
. Support for oracle on Unix / Intel (AIX, HP, Windows).
. Unix korn shell scripting for monitoring oracle.
. Oracle backup and recovery using RMAN.
. Oracle performance and tuning.
. Oracle installs and upgrades - patching.
. Oracle proactive monitoring.
. Oracle database design.
. Oracle utilities like export / import for complicated database refreshes.
. Perl skills - familiarity with perl - we are using it to monitor SQL server.
Must be a clear communicator - we do tons of conference calls with clients -
must be easy to understand. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and
clients at once - I can't stress this enough. We have replaced 3 people because
they said they could do this and they couldn't. Must be a self starter who
takes initiative. Be able to do 24x7 support. Must be able to troubleshoot
system problems and work quickly to resolve system outages the problem.
Excellent communication skills. Ability to work within a large and diverse team
in many different cities. Must be able to communicate effectively with
different teams and provide courteous customer service. Must be able to achieve
results with little supervision. Must be willing to persevere until problems
are resolved and seek help from team members when appropriate - 'can do'
attitude. Must comply with company policies on change approvals.

Optional but nice to have:
. DB2/UDB DBA
. Teradata DBA
. Veritas NetBackup experience