*Hi *
* Please lookup the below position and if you feel comfortable ,then please
send me your updated resume *

*Role                       :               Network System Engineer with
Cloud/AWS Exp. *

*Location               :               Kansas City area, KS*

*Duration              :               12+ Months *

*Interview            :               Phone / Skype No H1b*

Computerized Assessments and Learning (online testing for school)

The Network/System Engineer is accountable for availability of networks and
their operation across multiple global datacenters and offices.

Position Qualifications

Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent
combination of education and work experience

*Required*

·         Three years of experience building and supporting
enterprise-grade networks and site-to-site VPNs

·         Three years of experience with virtualized or cloud networks

*Preferred*

·         Current Cisco certifications

·         Expired or current Red Hat Enterprise certification

·         Three years of experience managing network attached storage

·         Three years of experience with Cisco equipment

·         Expertise in security hardening of network devices

·         Scripting or programming skills

·         Expertise in git

·         Experience configuring network monitoring and performance systems

·         Prior or current information security certification.

*Duties and Responsibilities*

·         Network and Linux system administration

·         Train peers in network administration tasks and troubleshooting

·         Monitor the technology landscape for changes that affect networks

·         Experiment with new tools, techniques and procedures that add
value or competitive advantage to business services

·         Assist the information security team to identify and remediate
security issues

·         Continuous incremental improvement in the confidentiality,
availability, integrity and performance of operations.

·         Assist with disaster recovery preparations

·         Provide expert advice on network equipment upgrades and expansion

·         This position is part of a required on-call rotation.

·         Occasional short-duration travel (0-4 times a year) is required.

*DAY IN THE LIFE: *

·         escalations from Ops and Dev about infrastructure issues (cloud
and otherwise)

·         Building new environments in our cloud infrastructure

·         Shifting our openstack/aws usage from "just another place for
VMs" to taking advantage of cloud tech.

·         Offering guidance for "cloudification" (*12factor.net*
<http://12factor.net/>) of our own apps

·         Assisting with general linux system administration and
troubleshooting

·         Working on longer term projects such as system resilience,
centralized logging, monitoring and automation

·         Assisting DevOps staff with their automation and deployment
efforts (troubleshooting build issues) that touch our infrastructure.

·         Monitoring the health of our multiple site-to-site VPNs

·         Working directly with network security staff to develop a system
for continuous documentation of our networks

·         Undoing/rearchitecting our internal business network that has
grown in strange ways due to hasty decisions.

·         Creating performance dashboards and helping security and
infrastructure understand where failure points might be

·         Suggesting and implementing new technology improvements

·         You offer expert opinions on technical issues and solutions,
which may be contrary to what current staff have suggested.  You would be
bringing fresh ideas.

·         Technical Debt paydown:  We don't have enough staff to support
all our operations and make the improvements we need to make.  This is
across all systems, devices, processes and infrastructure.

·         There are some days of continuous fire-fighting. We have to
frequently work hard to cope with our growth rate.

·         During "test administration" times (when students are scheduled
to test in districts), we run nearly 24/7 in shifts. System administrators
typically work slightly longer days.  Test administration times are
typically 1-2 weeks 3-4 times a year.

·         We are very much interested in having new, more senior staff
serve as an example of how more highly-function admins and engineers
operate: their level of professionalism, their quality of work and their
attention to detail.

·         We try to keep our technical staff out of meetings, but there are
probably 1-3 meetings a week these positions need to attend.

*ENVIRONMENT/CULTURE: *

·         Multiple OpenStack deployments in different data centers with a
mix of managed and self-managed.

·         Work in progress -- more on-demand capacity in AWS or moving apps
entirely to AWS

·         2-3 dozen baremetal linux servers

·         2-3 Windows servers supporting local infrastructure; we have
almost no windows infrastructure

·         ~20 Legacy RHEV systems

·         actively working to get all systems managed and deployed by
SaltStack

·         Multiple site-to-site VPNs

·         open source monitoring tools

·         ~ 800 physical and virtual servers

[image: VSGBS001] <http://www.vsgbusinesssolutions.com/>

Umang Goswami

TECHNICAL RECRUITER

*VSG *Business Solutions