[w...@gsovm-admin1 ~]$ /sbin/lsmod  | grep vm
vmci                   73992  1 vsock
vmmemctl               49768  0

[w...@gsovm-admin1 ~]$ /sbin/modinfo vmci
modinfo: could not find module vmci
[w...@gsovm-admin1 ~]$ /sbin/modinfo vmmemctl
modinfo: could not find module vmmemctl

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 16:36 -0800, Hugh wrote:

> lsmod | grep vm | xargs modinfo
>
> On Thursday 25 February 2010 05:50:15 Joel Webb wrote:
> > I just noticed the other day that whoever is packaging the modules
> > doesn't have any module info about the open-vm-tools modules.
> >

> > Generally you can find out more about a kernel module by doing a:
> > modinfo (modulename)
> >
> > In this case, the VMWare-Tools had information and the open-vm-tools
> > didn't have diddly.
> >
> > Thoughts?

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or
re-transmit this email.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify us by email by replying to the sender and by telephone
(call us collect at +1 202-828-0850) and delete this message and any
attachments.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

In addition, Danaher and its subsidiaries disclaim that the content of
this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of,
any
contract or agreement or any amendment thereto; provided that the
foregoing disclaimer does not invalidate the binding effect of any
digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is
included in any attachment to this email.