On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:05 AM, David Coakley <dcoak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Goswin,
>
> Thanks for your interest in Open64.  These are both known problems
> with the build system.
>
> I filed two bugs in the Open64 Bugzilla database (bugs.open64.net):
>
> 779 : build in source directory does not work
> 780 : "make install" does not support DESTDIR
>
> In addition, I think the installed filesystem layout will need some
> changes to conform with distro conventions before we can create a
> valid Debian package.

Path64 and our cmake build system supports debs, rpm, tarball and
various other options.

Other benefits for package maintainers
1) Both of the bugs referenced above are fixed
2) Significantly smaller codebase size (1GB vs 100MB - amazing what
happens when you take the time to remove cruft)
3) Builds *much* faster (Whole compiler on a fast machine and -j20 can
build in ~3 minutes)
4) Very portable (Across Linux, Solaris and BSD's)
5) Packages already available on OpenSuSE buildservice
6) IRC community support - #pathscale - irc.freenode.net

Feel free to check it out
git clone git://github.com/path64/compiler.git

./C