Quoting Jason Edgecombe <ja...@rampaginggeek.com>:

Is this enforcing a policy decision or just preventing technical problems caused by multiple logins?

For my site it is strictly to prevent technical problems.

I'm wondering because we us gnome on RHEL5 with AFS home directories and multiple logins on different machines haven't been an issue, but trying to login to gnome multiple times on the same machine does cause error messages.

Interesting. Since Xfce is based on the GTK+ v2 toolkit (the same as GNOME), it may not suffer the problems that I anticipate. I'll run some tests later on when I have to opportunity and report the results.

Cheers,

Jaap