Am 28.04.2011 19:20, schrieb John Tang Boyland:

Here is the problem I alluded to earlier:

I have a student who bought a new laptop with Windows Version 6.1.7600 and
installed NIM and OpenAFS 1.5.9904 and things ALMOST work.

They can get tokens and can go to \\afs\openafs.org
and \\afs\cs.wisc.edu but not \\afs\cs.uwm.edu
When they try, they get the message:
"\\afs\cs.uwm.edu refers to a location that is unavailable.  It could be
  on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network.  Check..."

Just integrated my first Windows client into my otherwise Linux only cell and have a similar problem here. System is WinXP SP3 (32bit) with OpenAFS 1.5.99d/KfW 3.22. Everything works fine except UNC path access. I get a message similar to the above (translated from german) when I enter the UNC path into Windows Explorer's address bar:

The file "\\afs\altum.de" was not found. Please check spelling and repeat the action or search for the file by clicking on "Start" and then on "Search".

Bye...

        Dirk